Computer stuck in Safe Mode

original title: I have my toshiba  satellite in "safe mode", (don't know how it happened, therefore cannot setup  restore point. How can I exit safe mode and not lose any  work settings etc. Thanks for help if available

Gooday, My toshiiba is in safe mode. windows 7 home premium. Mulitple users but nobody knows how got in safe mode. Therefore I cannot create a restore point. How do I exit safe mode without losing and/or compromising the integrity of my work and programmes? Thanks for any help. 

Question Info

Last updated June 22, 2018 Views 892 Applies to:
Run msconfig.exe, then click the Boot tab. Now remove each and every tick from the boxes in the Boot Options area.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

oh my God!  Thank you sooooooooooooooo much........  I have been trying for days with calls to every person and company involved with the purchase if my laptop.  Command prompts and every other thing.  Even geek squad.  I decided to look one more time, and in about 3 minutes, with your simple sentence it was fixed.  TTTHHAANNKK YYOOUU.

Sorry this didn't help.

Run msconfig.exe, then click the Boot tab. Now remove each and every tick from the boxes in the Boot Options area.
 Thank you for your help. I did as you said, only to discover there were no ticked boxes!! I am pleased to see the lady was able to fix her machine. I am still stuck if you have any other ideas, if not, thanks anyway.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Pegasus, there were no ticks in the boot section to untick. any other ideas??? If not, I appreciate your trying,

Regards

Aussie Al

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Pegasus, there were no ticks in the boot section to untick. any other ideas??? If not, I appreciate your trying,

Regards

Aussie Al

If you have been running your machine in Safe Mode for 18 months then a complete reload would be well overdue.

Sorry this didn't help.