How can I create a bootable version of a "System Repair Disk" on my Hard Disk Drives or on a USB stick

Question: How can I create a bootable version of a "System Repair Disk" on my Hard Disk Drives or on a USB stick?

Explanations/Why I ask the question: I have ordered a PC that will come with the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate and with 3 Hard Disks. My PC manufacturer/assembler told me, that they do not install bootable recovery partitions on the Hard Disk Drives of their PCs.

Therefore, when I will eventually need to Restore my System with the Windows 7 "System Image Recovery" tool to the state of a previously created System Image,  I will need to use a System Repair Disc (that I have previously created on a DVD) to boot the "System Image Recovery" tool. In principle, this seems to be sufficient, because it is hopefully relatively seldom that I will need to restore my C Partition to a previous state (in the past, I did this mainly when participating in a Software Beta Programs in order to restore my PC to the "clean and reliable" state prior to the installation of the unreliable Beta-Software).

I am however concerned about becoming dependent for the Restore of a System Image on a properly functioning DVD drive (they seem to be less reliable than, for example, Hard disk Drives). It would be a severe problem for me, to detect at the time of an attempted System Restore, that my DVD drive is not functioning anymore.

Therefore, I would like to know if and how, I could reliably create for Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) a bootable version of a "System Repair disk" on one of my internal Hard Disks or on an externally attached  USB Disk or USB stick. I will appreciate to get a description (or to be pointed to a description) that a regular windows user can understand (I am not a PC System Programmer and I am not familiar at all with things like the Registry or SDKs)

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2018 Views 12,188 Applies to:
Answer
I found  a probable answer/description on http://www.intowindows.com/bootable-usb/ and will try it once I will get my new PC with Windows 7.

When reading the description, I guess and hope, that I must just replace "Windows DVD" by "a previously created DVD containing the System Repair Disc"  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.