Windows Media Player 12 "Rip Music" settings not working

Help!
Running new Windows 7-equipped PC built by a VERY reputable high-end build company. 
WMP12 working OK but two (2) possibly related problems are presenting themselves in WMP12. 
Within WMP12:
1) Under Tools/Options/Rip Music, the "Rip music to this location" field is blank.  When I click "Change..." nothing happens.  No dialog, error or anything else other than the [Change...] button flashing to acknowledge the click.  I did move my "personal folders" locations to a drive other then C:, but have verified that they are correctly mapped and that the "My Music" Library is "functional" and is visible via the Files/Manage Libraries option in WMP12.
2) Also under Tools/Options/Rip Music, ANY other change (for example, a change to the quality slider), will not "take" when the [Apply] button is clicked.  Instead, a dialog box appears stating "The settings for ripping music could not be applied".
Again, this was a OEM build from a great company.  Everything else is working correctly (I am an self-proclaimed Windows Guru).
I have refreshed libraries
I have deactivated WMP from the functions and features tool, rebooted, run a registry cleaner, reactivated and the problem still exists.
I have found no way to do a clean reinstall of WMP (I will not do a full OS reinstall... too much build work has taken place already).
There are numerous other references to this same problem within MS's database but no hard fixes.
PLEASE HELP.  This is throwing off my normal mode of operation.
Thanks.
Answer
Answer
This is because the directory where rip use to point to no longer exsits. Try remaking the path to were rip used to point to (no need to re-move your whole personnel folders just create the path to were rip pointed to then you can delete afterwards) , as soon as you have the right path made, the rip dialogue in WMP will show up again and you will be able to change it. Also see this post, i understand from your OP Angie that you have done most of this but see my post at the bottom might give you a hint as to were rip pointed to if you cant remember.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7music/thread/07fb8c99-9a7b-4456-9633-1f487d5f7a42

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Don,

I had the same problem. Do the following:

Start right click Music and get the properties.

Make sure you include this path c:\users\"your user"  

This will add My Music folder from the above path

I had removed the above path, re-adding it and clicking apply fixed my issue.

Hope it works for you to

49 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2019 Views 58,601 Applies to: