Microphone volume keeps resetting to 100%

The volume level for my headset microphone keeps resetting to 100% on a regular basis. My normal settings are 10db and 50%. This is a major problem for me since I am forced to use speech recognition to control my computer because of a handicap and when it resets it is very difficult for me to control computer.

I'm using windows 7 home premium x64 on a Toshiba A505 laptop with 4 GB of ram. Any help is appreciated.

Answer
Answer

The volume level for my headset microphone keeps resetting to 100% on a regular basis. My normal settings are 10db and 50%. This is a major problem for me since I am forced to use speech recognition to control my computer because of a handicap and when it resets it is very difficult for me to control computer.

I'm using windows 7 home premium x64 on a Toshiba A505 laptop with 4 GB of ram. Any help is appreciated.

<portions of this post deemed to be advertisements have been edited by a moderator>

We recently became frustrated with the same problem. We believe that it occurred because of an automatic update to Vista. We also notice the problem in Windows 7.
We finally had to go into the registry and make some permanent settings. Once the settings are made you cannot run the Set Up My Microphone utility or else it will set back to 100%. See the last message in the following link for the MSSpeech-forum.com:
http://www.msspeech-forum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=133&title=problem-with-move-and-home-commands-being-issued
The registry settings I used are there.

<advertisement removed by moderator>

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 5, 2020 Views 57,195 Applies to: