Error on media player: " Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver."

after the media player says the cd is ready and it pops out a error mess. comes up sayin " Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver." but when i put the cd back in it plays and only to song 6! i have done this 3 times and the same with each! i have no idea what im doin wrong because i have made a few different cd's

Question Info

Last updated August 26, 2018 Views 1,423 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

Step 1: Try running the troubleshooter by following the steps provided in the below article and check for the issue.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-playing-and-burning-cds-dvds-and-bluray-discs-troubleshooter

Step 2:  Rebuild Windows Media Player database

If the troubleshooter doesn’t fix the issue, you may rebuild the Windows Media Player database and check if that fixes the issue.

To do this, follow these steps:

a. Exit Windows Media Player.
b. Click Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player in the Start search box and hit Enter.
c. Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.

Note: You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.

d. Restart Windows Media Player.

Note: Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

If this does not resolve the problem, clear the Windows Media Player database cache files. To do this, follow these steps:

a.      Exit Windows Media Player.
b.      Click Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft, in the Start search box and hit Enter.
c.      Select the  Media Player folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.
d.      Restart Windows Media Player.

Note: Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

Step 3: You may also try uninstalling any CD\DVD burning softwares on your computer. Then check for the issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards
Umesh P - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.