Media Center or Player will not run

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Saturday things seemed to change. I did no updates on my end, but the Media Play/Center won't run and IE8 doesn't work properly. I don't even see the media player in the program list. I have uninstalled both the media player and IE8 and reinstalled them, no luck. I went through the event viewer logs and don't see a thing that means anything. All was working up until Saturday. I can't think of a thing that happened Saturday outside of the normal usage. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 619 Applies to:
Answer
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Saturday things seemed to change. I did no updates on my end, but the Media Play/Center won't run and IE8 doesn't work properly. I don't even see the media player in the program list. I have uninstalled both the media player and IE8 and reinstalled them, no luck. I went through the event viewer logs and don't see a thing that means anything. All was working up until Saturday. I can't think of a thing that happened Saturday outside of the normal usage. Any suggestions?

azism,

Do a system restore asap. Take Windows 7 back to the way it was on Friday, before doomsday!

:)

Carlos

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.