Question

Q: Media Center or Player will not run This thread is locked from future replies

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Saturday things seemed to change. I did no updates on my end, but the Media Play/Center won't run and IE8 doesn't work properly. I don't even see the media player in the program list. I have uninstalled both the media player and IE8 and reinstalled them, no luck. I went through the event viewer logs and don't see a thing that means anything. All was working up until Saturday. I can't think of a thing that happened Saturday outside of the normal usage. Any suggestions?

Answer

A:

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Saturday things seemed to change. I did no updates on my end, but the Media Play/Center won't run and IE8 doesn't work properly. I don't even see the media player in the program list. I have uninstalled both the media player and IE8 and reinstalled them, no luck. I went through the event viewer logs and don't see a thing that means anything. All was working up until Saturday. I can't think of a thing that happened Saturday outside of the normal usage. Any suggestions?

azism,

Do a system restore asap. Take Windows 7 back to the way it was on Friday, before doomsday!

:)

Carlos

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 619 Last updated: March 15, 2018 Applies to: