Intermittent sound- ASUS K40IJ laptop

New ASUS K40IJ laptop with 64-bit windows 7 premium and no sound for the 5th time!!!

Ok so my dad bought me a new ASUS K40IJ laptop with 64-bit windows home premium and there is no sound what so ever. Its ridiculous. I saw all the solutions on this site and on youtube and every freakin blog on the internet and nothing. I tried trouble shooting, the fixer program on microsoft, checked sound levels. And it cant be the driver because the sound plays sometimes. So what can I do. Im tired of not being able to see videos on my computer. Please be specific.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 1,003 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Claudia_hnandez,

-      What’s the program you’re using to play audio/video files?

-      Are you trying to play the audio/video files online?

-      What’s the format of the audio/video file?

-      Did you receive any error after running the audio troubleshooter?

-   Do you hear the Windows logon/shutdown sounds?

Since the audio works fine at times, please specify the program (media player) you’re using to play the audio/video files and also the format of the files to comprehend the issue in the right direction.

Some audio/video formats are not supported by default in Windows Media Player (WMP) and require additional codecs to play the same. For instance .rm and .MKV formats to name a few.

However, I’d recommend you to make sure that you have the latest audio (sound) drivers installed on your computer.

Download and install the latest audio drivers from the link below:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=K40Ij&SLanguage=en-us

For more information on updating drivers,see Update drivers: recommended links

Hope this information helps.

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.