YOUR PC IS OFFLINE PLEASE SIGN WITH LAST PASSWORD USED ON THIS PC

Hi Team,
I purchased sony laptop 1 month back. when i found the laptop is not working properly, i refreshed my laptop on saturday 18-05-2013. after that it was working fine. i received the message windows updates are ready to install.. in the same day, to install windwos update please restart the laptop. then i restarted my laptop. that time i start getting message '' your pc is offline please sign in with last password used on this pc''. i never changed my password. i am using the same password from the date of purchased.  i dont know what i have to do. when i start my laptop the internet connection is showing disconnected. i am using wifi connection. 
please help me.... how to sign-in in to my laptop.
i dont want to keep internet type sign-in in to my laptop. to protect my laptop i want to use user accounts type password. please help me..
|
Answer
Answer
I would suggest you to first check if the CAPs lock is on and try the correct password once again. If you have recently reset the password online, I would suggest you to login with the old password and check.
If you haven’t reset the password and if you are unable to login with the correct password, then I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned by Cliff_N on december 7th here:

If it doesn't have internet, it only knows about the last password you have used to log in. Use that. That's what it tells you.

if it were connected it would check the new password against the server, but it cant because it is.. Offline. Use your old password and it should work

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 16, 2018 Views 4,094 Applies to: