Question

Q: Windows 7 - "Windows Security Center service can't be started" aka WSCSVC. Error 1075

Important message flag set...

"Windows Security Center service can't be started"

This happened after I was removing Malware/Viruses from my WINDOWS 7. I opened 'SERVICES' went to SECURITY CENTER under local services, and right clicked on the WSCSVC name or attempt to start the service, the  following error/warning verbosed:

"Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer.

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion"

I think this may have had portions deleted by Hijack This, Anti-Malware, TDSSkiller, gmer, Housecall, and/or ComboFix when I was ridding my system of Malware/Trojans/Viruses. With the exception of Security Center, my system is now operating good.

The WSCSVC registry may have been deleted along with the residue in the backup/snapshot/restore points. I know this is very important function  to have running, because it monitors all your security; Firewall, Antiviruses, UAC, Anti-Spyware, and Updates, etc.

How do I restore this program back to it's normal operating condition, even though there may be no backups? ie(Manually enter the information back into the registry?

Can I be pointed somewhere to download the replacement program? Maybe off the install WIN7 DVD?

Are there other optional ways to fix this problem? Maybe, Another  MS program and delete the remnants of Security Center?

Thanx

Answer

A:

Anyway this might do the trick: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/error-1075-when-starting-the-security-center-service/

Note: I know it is for Windows XP but the same steps shall apply to a running Windows 7-based machine.    

Itknowledge24.com
Geek
Former Microsoft MVP
Consumer Security
Microsoft Community Contributor

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 90,207 Last updated: July 12, 2018 Applies to: