Windows 7 "Do not have permission" - Internet Time -> Change Settings

I have Windows 7 Pro 32bit installed on my laptop. I have only one account setup for which I am the computer administrator.

When trying to access the "Change Settings" control for "Date and Time" -> "Internet Time" I get blocked with the following message:

"UNABLE TO CONTINUE - You do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help."

What is going on, and how do I fix this? It seems a little ridiculous that I as the administrator am being blocked from accessing this.

Your thoughts and advice on this would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Matell

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2019 Views 88,176 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Matell,

Welcome to Microsoft answers.

Step 1:

First, I suggest that you enable the Default Administrator on the computer and check.

To enable the default Administrator account, perform the steps below:

1. Click Start and type CMD in the Start search box

2. Right click on CMD in the list and click on "Run as administrator"

3. Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

If this works then it might be a problem with the corrupt User Profile, go to Step 3.

Step 2:

I suggest that you turn off the User Account Control temporarily on the computer and check if you are able to change the settings for the Internet time on the computer or not.

1.      Click Start.

2.      Click Control Panel.

3.      Click User Accounts.

4.      Click on Change User Account Settings.

5.      Drag the slider to Never Notify.

6.      Click OK.

Now check if you are able to change the settings, if the issue is resolved, I suggest that you enable the User Account Settings back to normal.

Step 3:

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you temporarily disable the security software and the firewall in the security software on the computer and check.

Ensure to enable the Security software on the computer.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you create a new user profile on the computer and check, since this might be an issue with the user profile.

Refer the link to fix the corrupted profile: Fix a corrupted user profile: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-XM/windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Let me know if this worked.

Swathi B  - Microsoft Support.
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

56 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.