Windows 7 Calendar Spark Toolbar/virus removal

Hi.  I have a desktop computer which became infected with the Calndar Spark toolbar/virus.  I cleaned it using:  MSE, CCCleaner, Adware Cleaner, Malware Bytes, Rogue Killer and Hitman Pro while in Safe Mode with networking.

I am now having problems accessing the Internet using MS Internet Explorer, as well as problems accessing basic functionality within Windows Explorer, Shut Down and Task Manager while logged in normally.  It will only cooperate for a few minutes before it becomes impossible to do anything on it, forcing me to unplug it so that I can access it in Safe Mode with Networking where everything works perfectly fine.

I tried using a Factory Reset disk that I had made previously for it as well as prior back-up disks - it will not accept any of them.  I am only able to use the system in Safe Mode, which is not feasible for continued use.

Any help that anyone can give me at all will be very appreciated, as I am out of ideas and I am trying to fix this system for a friend who mainly uses it to update medical documents for her elderly mother.  Thank you advance for your help and God bless.

Peace All, Brenda

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2018 Views 38 Applies to: