What is TextHarvester.dat?

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  I just deleted a standard user, and deleted the associated files when asked.  However, the user name for that account remains on the local disk.  This is how it looks:

C:\Users\"Deleted"Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InputPersonalizaion\TextHarvester\TextHarvester.dat

I don't mind that the old user name remains but am wondering what TextHarvester is?  Is it anything to be concerned about?Is it malware, or does it have something to do with the Tablet PC Input Panel?  Can the old user name just be deleted to the recycle bin?
Answer
Answer
hello Baposc,

It is harmless and its not a malware. If you want you can delete it but i would suggest you not to cause once when you delete it  might cause Registery linking  problems since its illegal to delete yourself and also the windows may not respond correctly for further user issues since it won't have a previous data to analyze .  I suggest you to do disk clean up and disk defrag and if you are curious run a malware check but this option is optional.  

Regards

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2020 Views 40,691 Applies to: