Unable to log on "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Original Title: Can't create new user account
I have problems with creating User Accounts:

- As an administrator I've created a New User account (an administrator also).
- It appears in Control Panel, but when I logged off and tried to log on the new account, an error message appears:
"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."
(I've never deleted user account folder manually.)
Switched back the original account, and saw there was no new user account in the Users folder.
- I've restarted in Safe Mode, and the new account appeared in User folder. (???)
- Next time I can log on with the new account.

Cause of another problem, I've deleted this newer account (I've created it only for to solve an issue). Since that time a can't create new accounts (the above error message displays always)!

I ran into this problem while I was trying to solve another issue. If a Microsoft answerer reads this thread, PLEASE check my other problem:
Windows 7 does not refresh folder views

Do You have any idea?

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2019 Views 132,190 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi Nucleo,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft answers!

This issue may occur if the user profile was manually deleted by using the command prompt or by using Windows Explorer. A profile that is manually deleted does not remove the security identifier (SID) from the profile list in the registry.

If the SID is present, Windows will try to load the profile by using the ProfileImagePath that points to a nonexistent path. Therefore, the profile cannot be loaded.

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Delete the profile by using the Computer Properties dialog box. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Click Start , right-click Computer , and then click Properties .
b. Click Change settings.
c. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
d. Under User Profiles , click Settings .
e. In the User Profiles dialog box, select the profile that you want to delete, click Delete , and then click OK .

2. Click Start, type regedit in the Start search box, and then press ENTER .

3. Locate and then expand the following registry subkey:
   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

4. Right-click the SID that you want to remove, and then click Delete .

5. Log on to the computer and create a new profile.

Refer the link below for more details:

Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Important The above section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Gokul - Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

@Nucleo:

There are tons of ways to create accounts. You can add directly from the Control Panel, or you can add from
the local group MMC. Or the third option add a new user from Command Prompt.

Add a new user from Command Prompt:

Run the CMD as administrator and bypass UAC. 
 Enter the following command to add the user: 

net user root /add

/* Explanation the above command: The new user named 'root' will be added to the Standard Users group. */

To move a user from one group to another enter the following:

net localgroup Administrators root /add

/* Explanation the second above command: The new user named 'root' will be added to the Administrators group. */

net localgroup Users root /delete

/* Explanation the third above command: The new user named 'root' will deleted from the Standard Users group.
    This to avoid collision between the groups if NOT delete from one group the 'root' will endup like this: Users/Administrators */

I hope this helps...

Itknowledge24.com
Geek
Former Microsoft MVP
Consumer Security
Microsoft Community Contributor

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.