outlook 2007 user account control problem on Windows 7

Every time I open up Outlook 2007 I get a popup User Account Control window that asks me if I want to allow Outlook to make changes to my computer?  My User Account Control settings are one down from the top, seems like Outlook should not be affected by this?  I upgraded recently from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium and this has occured since then.  Don't get this problem when I open Word, Excel or other Office products.  OutLook is only app that I get this message.  Never had the problem before upgrading.  I am running McAfee. 

I did read an old article that was similiar to this problem on a non-Microsoft forum that discussed Win 7 beta issues.  I don't want to do anything unless it from a Microsoft forum. 

Help and thanks in advance for responses. 

Wolfie
Answer
Answer

Hi WolfieRed1,

It seems that you are getting the prompt as the user account control setting specifies “You'll be notified before programs make changes to your computer that require administrator permissions” and outlook is not being used with administrator rights. You may refer the below link for details of the user account control settings -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/What-are-User-Account-Control-settings

I would suggest you to use the below steps to run as administrator -
1. Click Start. Go to All Programs. Click Microsoft Office.
2. Now go to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and right click and click on properties.
3. Now click on the Compatibility tab and check the box under the Privilege level to run the program as administrator.

Now check if you are still getting the same prompt.

Also, as your query is related to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 application. I would recommend checking Microsoft Office specific resources. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request in the right direction-
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.
Thanks,
Meghmala – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2022 Views 6,583 Applies to: