Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

How can I get rid of Win 7 Anti-Spyware 2012 from Windows 7, which was gotten after windows 7 update?

While downloading a windows 7 update, I apparently also downloaded the Win 7 Anti-Spyware 2012 Trojan.  It is blocking me from getting on the internet with popups.  I have seen solutions for the Win 7 but they do not work on Windows 7.  HELP!
Answer
Answer

Remove XP Anti-Virus 2011, Vista Total Security 2011, and Win 7 Home Security
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2011

You will see where you need to download Malwarebytes. If you can't get on the Internet, download it to another machine and then copy it to the infected machine. Since you were able to post here, I suspect you have that capability.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
☞ Avoid a post. Backup your data. ☜

Bruce Hagen
MVP: 2004 ~ 2010
2014 ~ Present
Imperial Beach, CA

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

To remove Win 7 Antispyware 2011 you will need to download and burn into cd several programs on clean PC or Alternate OS scaner. Here instructions:
a) Burn these programs to CD or write them to USB disk (you can use an MP3 player):

1.Spyware Doctor ( Removed )
2.Registry fix : <Removed> to restore normal execution of registry
3.You might want to download Hitman Pro or Malwarebytes as alternate scanners. Though you are likely to be able to download them later on.
b). Boot normally. Wait for Win 7 Antispyware 2011 to launch, and run exeregfix.reg . This should allow launching legitimate programs
c) Delete or remove the files that are mentioned in our files box. You can use Spyware Doctor to identify the infected files and additional infections. Do not forget update it before scanning. Remove what it finds.
d) Scan with Spyware Doctor and secondary tools and reboot your PC. This should fully get rid of Win 7 Antispyware 2011.

You might need to do this in safemode.

Regards

Xbox Ambassador
MCC 2011 - Community Contributor
MCTS : Small Business Server 2008
Remember to mark all helpful posts and answers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2018 Views 10,700 Applies to: