Error 1625 - Installation forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.

I am trying to download Webroot Internet Security onto my laptop with Windows 7 home.  When I save it on the computer and try to install the program, I recieve the message "Error (1625): Installation forbidden  by system policy.  Contact your system administrator."  I try to run it straight from the web, I recieve the message "This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine."

I have lowered the UAC, turned off all firewalls, right clicked and tried to run as administrator.  There is not a local security settings file for me to go in to change.  What can I do to install this program?

Question Info

Last updated September 19, 2019 Views 48,141 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi teenydrummond.  Where are you downloading the file from?  If not directly from the Webroot site, IE is advising you that the file may have an invalid signature and/or might have been tampered with.  If you are confident that the file is the real deal, it sounds like Webroot has been added to IE's list of Untrusted Publishers.  To remove it, go to Internet Options > Content > Publishers > Untrusted Publishers.  Select Webroot and click on Remove.

MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

36 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.