Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

ATTENTION: Fisnik, UAC Trust Shortcut 1.0.1 doesn't work in Win7 x64

After installing, UAC Trust Shortcut 1.0.1 will start, but any attempt to add a program to the whitelist leads to a program failure (as reported by Windows) after clicking <Yes> in the UAC prompt. Tracer.exe has been started and is showing as running in Task Manager.

@Fisnik: I saw that you'd said in another post that you hadn't tested in x64 before release. Looks like there's a problem! Any thoughts on when you might be taking a look at this? I'd really love to use this in Win7 x64.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2019 Views 5,925 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

After installing, UAC Trust Shortcut 1.0.1 will start, but any attempt to add a program to the whitelist leads to a program failure (as reported by Windows) after clicking <Yes> in the UAC prompt. Tracer.exe has been started and is showing as running in Task Manager.

@Fisnik: I saw that you'd said in another post that you hadn't tested in x64 before release. Looks like there's a problem! Any thoughts on when you might be taking a look at this? I'd really love to use this in Win7 x64.

Thanks!

There are two versions available right now, an x86 and x64. The x64 was built under x64 Windows 7 Home Premium and all the
errors found are fixed, I also tested it. The x64 version is built for 64-based Windows 7 and Windows Vista. The other version is
x86 (32-bit) built for Windows 7 and Windows Vista 32-bit. You can download it right now. I just uploaded it. Have fun :).

Direct link: http://www.itknowledge24.com

I hope you find this information useful. If you need any further assistance,
please feel free to contact me and let me know.

I hope this information was helpful…

Have a nice day…

Best regards,
Fisnik

Itknowledge24.com
Geek
Former Microsoft MVP
Consumer Security
Microsoft Community Contributor

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.