Question

Q: Security Breech/total loss of permissions and access

Ok, so here is my problem...I have been trying to work this one out on my own for over a week now. I have a pretty good idea that my computer is being used through remote desktop. My admistrator rights have been trumped and I can't access important parts of my computer systems. I have tried a ton of the advanced prompts in attempts to regain rights over Group policy. I didn't make the disks for a recovery, I know, what your thinking....but I have only had this computer a couple of months. now after doing much reading about the mechanics of my computer i now realize my error. Bottom line is I need to know if there is anyway to get rid of the rif raf running my computer systems. I also have had a ton of stuff installed in my system that i don't recognize at all.(in the Device Manager) at times I have had my internet adapters disapear and after painstaking hours finally found a way to retrieve them. I am by no means an expert on computers but know enough to navigate it well, so if someone could help with instructions on how to clear all this ____ out. I know how they breached my system so once their out I know what I have to do to keep it that way but I just am struggling with getting this all fixed. I don't have a ton of money or a debit card to order the disks either. so any help or advice that i can get for free would be Greatly Apprieciated....So Please if anyone out there can help me out I would be forever thankful. I am at my wits end with this computer and am about to throw it out the window..not really but....i can't take too much more...it took me all night to figure out why i couldn't get online just so i could come here and get this typed out....I look forward to any suggestions...

Frustrated in wisconsin..............chris

Answer

A:

If you suspect that your machine has been hacked then your best bet is to do this:

1. Back up all your personal files (including your EMail files) to an external disk.
2. Make a note of each and every product key.
3. Restore the machine to factory condition.
4. Re-install your software
5. Restore your backed up data.
6. Install and maintain a good virus scanner. This one will do: Microsoft Security Essentials - http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/.
7. Never run your machine without an active firewall.

If this response resolves your problem, please click "Propose as answer" so that the thread can be closed. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 582 Last updated: March 19, 2018 Applies to: