Unable to remove account!

I recently had my computer repaired at Best Buy and it returned working well but a new "Administrator" account was added even though I already gave them the password and such for my own administrator account. This account is seriously bothering me. I cannot get rid of it for the life of me. I repeatedly attempt to remove the account but when I go into Add/Remove account and manage the account, the only option missing is "Delete the Account". Why is this and how can I make it an option?!?!

Please help!

Thank-you

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2018 Views 451 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Welcome.

Please, first take a look here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7security/thread/4b0bdacf-e3ba-4001-b17f-375b35bba7f8 .                                            

If you follow the above link, Safe Mode will be needed:

Shut down your PC / Wait 2 or 3 minutes to avoid CPU overheating and restart tapping F8 Key just after BIOS flashing and before OS loadings.

Alternatively, Start /  type msconfig at Search programs and files / right click and Run as administrator / at System Configuration panel, click Boot / at boot options check Safe boot and restart. Remembering to uncheck it after you have your job done.          

and: http://windows7news.com/2009/02/03/enable-or-disable-the-windows-7-administrator-account/ .

Being this an outside link, use it at your own discretion, as you will find there:

"A word of caution at the beginning. It is generally not advised to tamper around with the built in administrator account of Windows 7. If you do not need it or do not know why you would need it, then don’t."

I hope those help you.

Success.

itconcerned
Security, play it safe, prevent.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.