Question

Q: Power-on Password help

Hello good day!

I pushed the power on, just as I normally do. But found out displaying this:

"Power-on Password"

The last time I use it was like the usual thing I do. I do now know the password and how i ended up with this.

I tried some of these:

• I tried to remove the battery for a meantime and hoping it will turn on normally but still shows the same result.
  • Everytime I click Enter, it shows the same until 3rd time.
  • Everytime I click f11 or any function keys, it still shows the same.

Can anyone help me? I just purchased Windows7 9months ago but havent experienced any negative things until now. Thank you.

Answer

A:

It isn't Windows 7 that is causing it, it is the machine. Is this a desktop? If so, you can look in the documentation to find a place to reset the CMOS (a jumper). That should reset the password to being blank.

If it is a laptop, there may be a similar way to reset the CMOS on that.

What model/type of computer is it?

--

Dustin Harper
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
http://www.mstechpages.com  Microsoft News, support, FAQ's and much more!
"winsevencustomer" wrote in message news:ac21fdbb-cf8c-46d3-a553-f7e27eced1af...

Hello good day!

I pushed the power on, just as I normally do. But found out displaying this:

"Power-on Password"

The last time I use it was like the usual thing I do. I do now know the password and how i ended up with this.

I tried some of these:

• I tried to remove the battery for a meantime and hoping it will turn on normally but still shows the same result.
  • Everytime I click Enter, it shows the same until 3rd time.
  • Everytime I click f11 or any function keys, it still shows the same.

Can anyone help me? I just purchased Windows7 9months ago but havent experienced any negative things until now. Thank you.

Dustin Harper *** Email address is removed for privacy *** http://www.mstechpages.com --- Windows Help and Support Page
Dustin Harper
There is no such thing as a dumb question. If in doubt, ask.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

13 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 3,166 Last updated: May 28, 2018 Applies to: