Access Denied

Just purchased new laptop (for the wife) with windows 7 installed, I have a local home network with 2 other PC (running XP) Connected new laptop to network to access internet no problem. tried to share files from Laptop, could not get acces to some of the files on C drive so changed the settings to give me full access, Now after a reboot (laptop) I now have no access to the C:/ drive "access denied" I now cannot get back into any of the setting to change it back, every step I take "access denied"  I have looked all over the net and have found hundred's of people with this same problem ...

Even on this forum we have people that can't get access, how is this problem going to be solved ?

I have a new Laptop that is almost useless !

Ally

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2018 Views 1,174 Applies to:
Answer
Found a link on the web that solved my problem hope this might help others

Started windows 7 in safe mode (turn on and tap F8 till windows menu come up) select safe mode.
Once started open windows explorer right click C:/ drive, properties, security, group or user name, select each one (at a time) and edit giving each one allow all, go to advanced, owner, change from admin (what ever it's called) to your login name by using edit.
Then shut down and started in normal mode ....... I got full control over the PC again !

Ally

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.