Windows 7 / Windows Hello app. Locked out.

I was trying to sign in with my fingerprint app on windows hello (I have Windows 7). I tried to sign in under my password and it won't allow me to do that either. I am the only admin and user. I already did a hard reboot on my HP notebook, and that didn't work. I've never had or created a pin number for my computer so I'm very confused.  The screen also doesn't have a place where you can even enter a pin number, only a password. Windows Hello has blocked me from signing in. 

I tried new fingerprint  enrollment, enter password, but then it says user does not exist. 

Please help!!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi Lynn,

There are many possible reasons why this issue is happening. For us to provide the best resolution to your concern, we'd like to ask a screenshot of the login screen.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Martin,

Screenshot:

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate the additional information. We suggest try resetting your Microsoft account password, and them attempt to use the password to login to your computer. To reset your Microsoft account password, click on this link.

Note: We'd like to verify the exact Windows version installed on your computer. Kindly type winver in the search bar, then press Enter.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, resetting Microsoft password did absolutely nothing. It just change the password, it doesn't change the password on my computer or allow me to get in.  I'm still trying to hunt down my manual, but I have an HP Pavilion dm4,  windows 7, 64-bit not sure what version. I can't access the search bar because I can't get past the screen shot that I Showed you. 

I tried HP help forums, but all answers point fingers at MS to resolve issue even for Windows 7 through 10. 

I dont know how to access a search bar on the startup screen. :(

Can I restore from last backup?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since you've been locked due to finger print, password and pin not working, our last option to access your PC is to reset it. Follow the steps below:

1. Restart your computer and press F11 repeatedly. The Choose an Option screen opens.
  2. Click Troubleshoot.
  3. Select Reset this PC.
  4. Click Keep my files if you want to keep your personal files and some customization.
  5. Click Reset.

Note: Resetting your PC may still cause data loss. Since we no longer have access to your computer, there's no other option to backup your files.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, when I try to restart I kept pressing F 11, and it brought me to my HP recovery manager. Not to a Microsoft window  option screen. This is the screenshot of the HP recovery manager and the choices I have. I'm not sure which one to choose.

I tried the first choice Microsoft system restore, but it claims that there were absolutely no restore points made. I find that hard to believe. I know I've definitely made some restore points as I've had this computer for a long time.  So it would not let me do that.

I am wary of choosing system recovery because it says it will  Restore my computer to us original factory condition.

The next choice minimize image recovery, I'm not sure what that means. It says restore operating system, drivers and select software only (clean image). 

I appreciate all your help! I hope to get my old notebook up and running.  Heres the screenshot. 

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 3,632 Applies to: