Windows Media Player is Making My Music Sound Odd.

Ok, so, WMP 12 is doing something weird. When I try to play audio files (I do this a LOT when I write, as it helps me stay focused), ALL of my music, and mean ALL, plays, but it sounds really, really...I'm not sure how to describe it. Imagine the sound of car speakers that have been blown out because of loud music, but the person driving still plays it over those speakers anyway. It's really rumbly. I've tried playing video files, all of which work just fine, and I've tested my speakers to make sure they aren't the problem. I've even unplugged them, checked for damage, and used a set of headphones to check if the jack is the issue (It's not the issue). 

Short of uninstalling and reinstalling the Player, I'm running out of options or ideas. Am I the only one who had encountered this problem? Or am I not alone in this one? A quick reply would be very much appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Hi K

Let's just try the obvious first. Have your 'enhancement' settings been inadvertently altered?

Play a track and with the player in 'now playing' mode (rather than 'library') right click in the pane and you should see the dropdown box showing 'Enhancements'

Hover over that and click on one of the options. You'll then get a box with the various sound settings and you can scroll through...the equalizer and wow settings are the obvious ones to check (and best left 'off' in my view!)

If that's not the cause we'll need to look at other possibilities.

Cheers R

No longer active in this community from July 2018 - Regards to all - RW

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2022 Views 387 Applies to: