Question

Q: Windows Media Player error C00D11C7 when tried to play .wmp files

Original title:  Error displayed:Windows Media Player error C00D11C7__when I am trying to play .wmp file, the above error is displayed for my Media player 12 on my 64 bit Win 7 system.__Can any body help me with a proper solution.__

Error displayed:Windows Media Player error C00D11C7
when I am trying to play .wmp file, the above error is displayed for my Media player 12 on my 64 bit Win 7 system.
Can any body help me with a proper solution.

Hi Dasarath,

Were you able to play .wmp files before Windows Media Player stopped playing it?

You receive this error if the player is not configured to download codecs automatically. Unfortunately, the option to download codecs automatically has been removed in Windows Media Player 12.

Step 1: Windows Media Player error C00D11C7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/C00D11C7

Step 2: Download the required codecs from Internet

You can download the latest codecs pack for Windows Media Player from the Internet. Please search using your favorite search engine.

NOTE:Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit our  Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dasarath,

Go to this website and download this codec and install it on your computer. Then try again whther you still have the same problem.

http://www.free-codecs.com/K-Lite_Codec_Pack_64-bit_download.htm

Thank you

Freak05

Let me know if the problem still happening, Freak05

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3,556 Last updated: March 15, 2018 Applies to: