Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. Windows Media Player C00D11B1

I get this error when i try and play a file which i have downloaded from BBC iplayer. Whats the solution???

My sound Driver and Device is installed and working as I am able to listen to music on my laptop. It used to work before i upgraded to Windows 7. and since i have upgraded it has not worked. Windows Media Player works on other video files

Question Info

Last updated February 4, 2019 Views 51,333 Applies to:
Answer

Please try these steps:-

1.       Use Windows Update, or go to the sound device manufacturer's website to see if an updated driver is available.

2.       Use Device Manager to check the status of your sound device.

a.       Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.

b.      In the left pane, click Device Manager.

c.       In the right pane, expand Sound, video and game controllers, and then look for the name of your sound device.

d.      Do one of the following:

3.        If your sound device is listed but the icon includes a red "X," the device has been disabled.          To enable the device, right-click the icon, and then click Enable.

4.       If your sound device isn't listed, in the right pane, expand Other devices. If Multimedia Audio Controller appears in the list, right-click the icon, and then click Update Driver Software. Follow the on-screen instructions to find and install the driver software.

5.       If you aren't able to find and install the correct driver software, go to your computer manufacturer's or sound device manufacturer's website for further assistance.

6.       If you don't have a sound device installed on your computer, install a sound device, and then try to play the file again. For details, go to your computer manufacturer's or sound device manufacturer's website.

7.       If you're trying to play a file on the Internet, try again later. The server might be temporarily unavailable or there might be a network issue.

8.       If you're trying to play an MP3 file that contains compressed ID3 headers, make a copy of the file, and then use a non-Microsoft ID3 tag-editing program to remove or reset the file's ID3 headers.

The ID3 header is a portion of the file that stores the song's album information (for example, the song name, artist name, album name, and genre). This information is sometimes called a tag. After you remove the ID3 headers, Windows Media Player should be able to play the MP3 file.

Please check the link for more information

Windows Media Player C00D11B1 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/C00D11B1

You can also reinstall the latest codec

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.