Q: Windows Media Player 500 Internal Server Error This thread is locked from future replies

So just recently today, I keep getting this message when I try to find album info for songs in my WMP. It says "500 - Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" in the display box where I'd normally browse to find the album information.

I've never seen this message pop up before, and I was adding songs to my library like two days ago with no problems, so what's up with it right now? And more importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it?

I should also add that it seems to do this randomly, and even for songs that I already have added in my library. Clicking "find album info" on some songs will bring up the proper display, and others will give me that error message. So yeah, I haven't a clue what's up with this thing and I'd really appreciate a fix sometime soon.

anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.

Happy New Year!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,826 Last updated: March 15, 2018 Applies to: