Windows 7 Media Center live TV setup hangs at "Downloading TV Setup Data"

Original title: Windows 7 Media Center live TV setup

I have Windows 7 Home Premium on a Gateway SX2840-01 desktop.  I have an HP usb TV tuner.  I am unable to set up Media Center to receive tv through the tuner.  Set up hangs at "Downloading TV Setup Data" page.  It just stays there with no error messages or other pop ups. The progress indicator line on the screen does not advance.  If I run troubleshooting it indicates a problem and "NO Fix".  The very same tuner hooked to another computer had no problems with setup and operation.  That computer has Win 7 and the same drivers downloaded from the Hauppage web site that the Gateway has.  Please give me some possible fixes to complete set up on the Gateway.  Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2020 Views 22,421 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I solved the problem listed in the original post on this thread by disabling Windows Media Center and deleting all files and folders in the Microsft eHome hidden folder then restarting the computer.  I then enabled Windows Media Center and again restarted the computer.  Detailed instructions for doing each of these steps is available by Googleing or within Windows support.

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.