Windows 7 HDMI Record from Speakers not an option

Because I don't use a sound card or speakers or a microphone Windows 7 64 doesn't know what to do when I want to record from my audio.

This seems to be a common issue for HDMI users. I use my video card to handle the sound functions and video through an HDMI audio / video driver. They just won't que up the speakers as connected when you do that so you can't try to record "what you hear" because windows doesnt understand there are speakers on the other end of the HDMI audio output.

Everyone keeps saying run you wizard but that wont work if it doesn't register you have an HDMI driver for audio for whatever reason.

Answer
Answer

Hello ACmantis,

Please relay the make and model of your PC. 

Also, the record what you hear option will be available if the audio device/driver supports this option. You may verify that the latest available audio device driver that is Windows 7 compatible for the PC is installed and then check for this option under the Sound>Recording Tab. To do this, under the Sound>Recording Tab, right click and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. If the What U hear option is available under the Sound>Recording Tab, right click the recording device and click as Set as Default Device.

Thank you,

Mary
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 13, 2019 Views 1,748 Applies to: