Why does one song I downloaded get filed as "other media" instead of music, and how do I move it?

New to musical downloading but I'm puzzled as to why one of the 12 songs I downloaded isn't recognized as music by Windows Media Player or 'Music' on the Dell Stage. WMP categorizes it as "Other media." Dell Stage just doesn't show it at all. Amazon Cloud, itunes, and Spotify all do, though. It seems to be categoriezed the same as the other folders (though I may have moved it in the past trying to fix the problem). It says it is located at

C:\Users\...\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Compilations\Cars\03 Life Is a Highway.m4a

where as another song downloaded about the same time is similarly located at

C:\Users\...\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Blake Shelton\Red River Blue (Deluxe Version)\03 God Gave Me You.m4a

It would be nice to be able to move files around between "Music" and "Other media" anyway since it identifies as music many non-musical items such as Bible CDs and podcasts. Any suggestions?

Thanks

ADD: Whether this is a cause or an effect I don't know, but I'm finding that every file in the 'Other Media' tab when right-clicked says under 'Properties' in the 'Media Usage Rights' tab "This file is missing media usage rights." Every file I've checked in the 'Music' tab simply says "This file is not protected." This is true even for a CD I downloaded twice, once with WMP, then later in iTunes when AmazonCloud couldn't accept the WMP version (Getting real sick of compatibility issues here.); the WMP download appeared under 'Music' but the iTunes download put the second copies under 'Other Media.'

|
Answer
Answer
Thanks for posting the additional info. It seems to be just a normal MPEG-4 AAC audio file (so no ALAC). I don't really see yet why WMP classifies this as Other media.

If you try re-adding the song to the library, does that help? To re-add the song, right-click it, select Delete - Delete from library only - OK. Then go to Tools - Advanced and select Restore deleted library items (press Ctrl+M if you don't see the Tools menu).
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2018 Views 248 Applies to: