Video quality not good after installing Windows 7

Original Title: videos have lost its quality,sometimes plays like 240p; 720p bluray videos doesn't play smoothly

I performed a custom installation of windows 7 ultimate(64 bit) from windows xp professional(32bit). win7 worked well,but when I played a video file,which was playing very well in xp smoothly with nice quality, it is int playing well as it was in xp. some videos which were 720p bluray (brrip) files isnt playing smoothly. I also noticed that microsoft had provided me a display adapter which earlier was matrox millineum g series in xp. Sound, video,game controllers were also changed to microsoft's device. Though a total of 143 recommended updates were automatically installed and verified by windows, i have the problem still. Should I need to install win xp or should I upgrade my graphics device?My windows experience rating is 1.0.In win 7, internet videos play well smoothly.Should I try making win7(64bit) to win7(32bit). thanks for the help.

Answer
Answer
Hi Venkatesh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.

From the issue description, I see that video quality is not good after installing Windows 7.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. We are here to help and guide you in the right direction.

To provide the appropriate resolution I would need more information from your end.
What is the make and model number of the computer?

This issue may occur due to the following reasons the monitor you use and its settings, how Windows is configured, and how you use your computer can all have an effect on display quality.

Method 1:
I would suggest you to run the troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 2:
If the issue persists, I would suggest you to install latest Graphics driver from the manufacturer website.

Refer to the link:
Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Method 3:
If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to try the steps in the article and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue after performing the troubleshooting steps. If you need any further assistance or information about Windows, I will be glad to help you. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
thanks for the help.But actually there are currently no updates for a Standard VGA Display Adapter.
Also I found the main cause for the quality. Troubleshooting shows that my video card doesnt support wddm.
You need to buy a quality graphic card which will support wddm.
Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP
http://mymce.wordpress.com/

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2020 Views 1,503 Applies to: