Video not working with Windows 7

Just installed windows 7 home premium, all is good but I cant watch videos on Nascar.com, all other videos work fine. Nascar.com uses Adobe Flash player 10 which I have installed but I get an error when trying to watch these videos. I can't figure it out.

Another question, I did a clean install of Windows 7 on one PC and an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 on another.

On the clean install the performance difference was amazing, on the upgrade I saw no performance difference, it still uses the same resources as Windows Vista did, my clean install uses the same resources as Windows XP.

Also on the upgrade the Windows media center did not have the new internet TV that Windows 7 had with the clean install. Just an observation....

Do I need to perform a clean install if I want that performance enhancement?
Answer
Answer

Hi spdrcr04,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!

a.     Do you have a 64 bit version of the Operating system or a 32 bit version?

Method : Perform Internet Explorer Optimization

Method 1: Clear cached data in Internet Explorer

To determine whether a performance issue or an error message is caused by corruption in the temporary Internet files or in other cached information that is used by Internet Explorer, you must clear cached data. To do this, follow these steps:

Internet Explorer 8

1.    Open Internet Explorer 8.

2.    Click Safety, and then click Delete Browsing History.

3.    In Delete Browsing History area, click Delete.

Method 2: Reset security settings for Internet Explorer

If you configure security settings to be too restrictive, you may prevent Internet Explorer from displaying certain Web sites. To determine whether an issue is caused by overly restrictive security settings, revert to default security settings. To do this, follow these steps:

1.    Open Internet Explorer.

2.    Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.

3.    Click the Security tab.

4.    Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK.

Method 3: Reset Internet Explorer settings

To do this, follow these steps:

1.    Open Internet Explorer.

2.    Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.

3.    Click the Advanced tab.

4.    Under Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset 

Check out this link which talks about “How to optimize Internet Explorer”

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Also to improve the performance you can perform a “Clean Boot”.

NOTE: THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE DISCLAIMER

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Method : Perform a clean boot

Note If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to modify the advanced boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.

a.     Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.

b.    Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

c.     On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)

d.    On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.

Note Following this step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.

e.    Click OK, and then click Restart.

Note: Reset the computer to start as usual

After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:

a.     Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b.    On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.

c.     When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929135

Also some programs might not be compatible with Windows 7 Operating System, this might also be a cause for the performance.

Please check the compatibility of all the programs in Windows 7 operating system by visiting the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/en-us/default.aspx

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,

Divya R – Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2020 Views 3,554 Applies to: