Video is not playing in media player,it is in wmv format

original title: Video is not playing in media player,it is in  wmv format,i tried using other players like km and vlc audio is coming but not video,what might be the problem

Video is not playing in media player,it is in  wmv format,i tried using other players like km and vlc audio is coming but not video,what might be the problem

ERROR:-  windows media player cannot playthis files because Video required codec is not installed,

I tried by installing k lite codec but no use

Please help

Answer
Answer

Hi track69,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Are you facing the issue with the particular video?

Method 1:

This problem occurs if a codec that is required to play the file is not installed on the computer.

You can download the latest codec’s pack for Windows Media Player from the Internet. Please search using your favorite search engine.

NOTE: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Refer this link for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Codecs-frequently-asked-questions

Method 2:

Play an audio or video file: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Play-an-audio-or-video-file-frequently-asked-questions

Please perform these recommended steps, review the additional information provided and post back if you are still experience the issue. I will be glad to provide you with additional options available that you can utilize to get this resolved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 75 Applies to: