Unable to save or view picture in full size using Windows Paint

Windows paint

Can't get Windows Paint back up to full size no matter what I try. All I get is a 1/4 size picture in the top right corner after saving it as jpeg. to desktop. I get full picture in paint but then after saving down it goes. I've increased pixels, size, everything. I can get it SMALLER , but no to full size. It WAS working fine, but then down it went.

I think this is the second time this has happened , but can't remember how you told me to fix it the first time. Getting old , I guess ?

Answer
Answer
Reply In reply to deleted message
Hi, On May 4th I said “saved screen shots are 4182 X 3210 pixels”, THAT was my problem. Having no idea what a ‘pixel’ size was supposed to be, I was lost.
  So, in Windows Paint Home , click on resize , the ‘Resize and Skew’ window comes up, it reads Resize   By: Percentage Horizontal and Vertical.... these should both be at 100  (you can just ‘click on’ the box to change the numbers) , if those 2 boxes already say 100   then click on Pixels ‘button’.  The Resize window again comes up, but this time in Pixels, the horizontal box should read  1674...  the vertical box should read  869... if they don’t , single left click on the box, put in 1674 and 869   click on OK , close ‘Resize and Skew’ close ‘Paint’, and you should be ‘good to go’.
  If not, repeat changing the numbers, click on OK, close ‘Paint’, shut off and re-start computer.
  But the ‘magic numbers’ are ‘Horizontal’  1674    ‘Vertical’  869 ,   that was my problem and solution !
That’s explained simple enough for my ‘computer illiteracy’ , hope it works for you !  ATB & LOL , Drew

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Here are a couple of options you may want to check:  Go to the Paint options by clicking the upper left icon on the menu bar (the one to the left of  "Home"  that looks like a sheet of lined paper w/ an arrow beside it).  Choose "Print" from the drop-down menu, then choose the "Page setup" sub-option.  Ensure that the Scaling is set to  Fit to: 1 x 1 page(s)  Next, go back under Paint options and choose "Properties" from the drop-down menu.  Key in your paper measurements (ie. 8.5 x 11 or 8.5 x14) according to the orientation you have chosen - Portait or Landscape (under Print option:  Page setup)  Unfortunately, the program seems to resort back to some preset default each time you open the Paint program.  That is how I came across your question;  I am trying to find how to change the default setting. So in the meantime, I guess we just have to keep changing it.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2021 Views 10,880 Applies to: