Unable to burn music files downloaded from rhapsody website, Error Message " Windows Media Player has encountered a problem".

Original title: Trying to burn cd from music downloaded from Rhapsody 

Trying to burn 8 songs to a cd that were downloaded from Rhapsody.com   Windows gives me an error message stating that Windows Media Player has encountered a problem.  It also states to click on the icon beside of the song for more detail.  All 8 songs do not have this icon beside of them.  Only 5 of them will not burn to the cd.  The other 3 are fine.  Not sure what information you need.  I have a Toshiba computer with Windows 7.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 471 Applies to:
Answer
Hi Willliam64,

1. What is the file type of the music file which is downloaded?

Method 1:

Follow the suggestions given below to fix the burning issue.

a.    To automatically diagnose and repair problems with your CD or DVD burning issues, run the fix it by downloading from the link: Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

b.    Try a different brand of blank discs.
c.     The CD/DVD drive may be encountering buffering errors because of the write speed of the burn. To resolve this issue, select a slower write speed.

I. In Windows Media Player, on the Tools menu, click Options.
 II. In the Options dialog box, on the Devices tab, click the name of the CD/DVD drive you are using, and then click the Properties button.
 III. In the Properties dialog box, on the Recording tab, select a slower write speed.

d.    Make sure that the CD/DVD drive has all the latest firmware updates. Please visit either the device manufacturer’s website or your system manufacturer’s website if the device came inbuilt to get the updates.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player troubleshooter and check for the issue, to do that follow the steps provided below.
Open the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings.

For more information, logon to:

Refer:

Refer:

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.