Stop automatic import of new audio files into Windows Media Player when I open the program.

When I first open Windows Media Player, how do I prevent it from automatically importing any new audio files I have added to my computer.  I would prefer to manage this manually.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Does it get import when you play the songs, or as soon as you open Windows Media Player?

The Player automatically adds files from your computer to the Player Library when you play them. If you want to play media files without adding them to the Player Library, then you can easily turn off the feature. You can also choose to automatically add remote media files (files stored on other computers on your network) to your Player Library when you play them.

1.      Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Media Player.

If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the Switch to Library button in the upper-right corner of the Player.

2.      In the Player Library, click Organize, click Options, and then click the Player tab.

3.      Do one or more of the following:

·         To prevent media files on your computer from being added to your Player Library when you play them, clear the Add local media files to library when played check box, and then click OK.

·         To automatically add remote media files to your Player Library when you play them, select the Add remote media files to library when played check box, and then click OK.

For more information refer this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Add-items-to-the-Windows-Media-Player-library

Please respond and let us know the status of the issue.

Azam – Microsoft Support.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2024 Views 11,608 Applies to: