Q: Sound on SPDIF (optical) has suddenly disappeared! This thread is locked from future replies

Motherboard: Asus P7P55D Pro. OS: Windows 7 Home Professional 64bit.
Everything worked perfectly, but yesterday the sound has completely disappeared. I'm able to test DTS or DD - it works. Any other Windows sounds including WMA Pro, and any default Windows sounds and sound in games is absent. No signal to receiver.
I didn't change any settings since it was working, the default device - SPDIF. There are no conflicts and "The Device is working properly". I have the latest version of all drivers. The sound driver - VIA VT1828S and VT2020 Audio Driver V6.0.1.7300a for Windows 32/64bit XP and 32/64bit Vista and 32/64bit Windows 7.
And if I choose any other output - ear-phones or even through a video card - HDMI to TV - everything works except SPDIF.
I have even reinstalled Windows - still nothing. Is I see on the forums there are many users experience the same problem in Windows 7 through optical cable . The decision has not been found yet.
Please help me!!!
Thank you in advance.

Thank you again! It works!
I have reinstalled BIOS and it helped. But now I have only PCM stereo sound coming out. Even in Full-HD movies (with DTS and DD sound) and in games. It just downmixes it to stereo, not 5.1. Installed K-Lite Codec Pack, but it didn't help. I successfully pass DTS and DD tests (but no sound in WMA Pro), it shows an appropriate icon on my amp and there is 5.1 sound. But all the other sounds are PCM 2.0. Could you advice me something to get 5.1 sound?
Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 4,448 Last updated: March 16, 2018 Applies to: