I have recently reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64. I am having trouble with the "play to" function.
Whether it be in media player or the file itself, clicking on "play to" gives me an error box stating Play to Failed, remote call procedure failed ( I can't give you a screenshot because the error message only appears on restart,shutdown,logoff and I can't seem to capture the error box)
1. It worked before I reinstalled windows
2. It works on my laptop on the same network
3. media Streaming is enabled
4. RPC and Locator are set to automatic and manual respectively.
5. Turned OFF windows firewall - no change
6. Disabled Avast! shields - no change
7. Have done minimal updates using windows update
Does anyone have any ideas?
Reinstalling windows was meant to fix the problems I was having, not create new ones!