Not able to change album art in Windows Media player 12

Original title : Media Player and adding album art

I have Windows Media Player 12. Some of my albums do not have album art.

To correct this, I find a picture and then copy/paste it into the album in Media player. It goes through a routine of updating the album and then Media player decides to delete the album from my library and I am unable to subsequently add this album to my library. The album is still on my computer -- I can see the files in explorer. It also plays OK but I can't get it back to display in my library.

My question is how do I copy/paste album art such that the album will not disappear from my library? And once deleted from the library, why can I no longer add it?

This is something that has started to happen recently as I was previously able to add art to albums OK following the process I described. 

Answer
Answer

Hi,

·         Do you get any error message when you try to update the album art or tries to add the album back to the library?

·         Is the issue is specific to a particular album or does it happens with more than one album?

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1:

Open Windows media player settings troubleshooter and check if the issue occurs follow the steps below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Media-Player-Settings-troubleshooter

Method 2:

If the above step fails follow the clear the Windows Media Player database. To do this, follow these steps:

a.       Exit Windows Media Player.

b.      Click Start, click Run, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click OK.

c.       Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.

Note: You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.

d.      Restart Windows Media Player.

Note: Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

Also follow the steps in the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Add-or-change-album-art-in-Windows-Media-Player

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2018 Views 693 Applies to: