Native Instruments Komplete 5 software service center hang up

Having a frustrating problem with Native Instruments Komplete 5 software installation.  Took nearly 4 hours to install this mother of a software program and when I go to launch the Service Center so I can register the software and actually fn use it, it says "Service Center has stopped working..." Can't launch it and I've disabled firewall.Ran software compatibility check in Windows and says there's compatibility issue with service center.exe  Anybody know what the heck is going on?  Loaded software on brand new toshiba laptop with plenty of ram, gigs, and 64 bit, so WTF????
Answer
Answer

This is a problem with the software, not the operating system you are trying to install it on.  :-(

Probably because you are a couple of versions nehind and not only attempting to run it on an Operating System (Windows 7) it is not compatible with but an overall architecture (64-bit) it doesn't support.  Compatibility mode probably won't get you around all that.

Their website is overly flashed and slow.  However, they do have a support section.  Their big compatibility statement basically says what I did: you are two versions behind.

They do have these Knowledge Base articles:

However, unfortunately for you, I think it will boil down to the fact that the manufacturer of the product you are using doesn't support the version you are attempting to use of their product in the operating system you have chosen to run on your system - and Microsoft/Windows 7 is unlikely to be able to fool something quite that sophisticated/integrated into certain aspects of the system into working.

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 16, 2019 Views 1,017 Applies to: