my windows media player doesn't work anymore? it tells my that there is a problem and must shut down

Original title:my windows media player doesn't work anymore?

i have always used media player and all of a sudden i can't play anything in it. it tells my that there is a problem and must shut down. i checked my uninstall program to right click repair and there is no media player there anymore. when you open it from shortcut it works but if you try to listen anything no go. i don't know what to do.

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2019 Views 14,786 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi RoseStewart222,

What is the complete error message you receive?

Method 1: Run the windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

Open the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Media-Player-Settings-troubleshooter

You cannot uninstall Windows Media Player however, you can turn it off. To do this, refer Method 2

Method 2:
Turn off and Turn on Windows Media Player. To do this, follow the steps below:

a)       Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Programs and Features.

b)       Click Turn Windows Features on or off.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c)       Expand media feature

d)       Clear Windows Media Player from the checkbox and click ok

e)       Follow the same steps as above, this time place a check mark against Windows Media Player check box

Click Ok and then restart the computer

If the issue still persists,

Method 3: If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. Run System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupt system files. To do this, follow the steps mentioned in the link below:

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.