My volume slider under windows 7 keeps going down automatically.

I have tried clean boot,new user profile,virus scan.checked sound card settings,got the drivers updated from toshiba for sound card and the touch pad on the laptop. I have also tried connecting an optical mouse which didnt helped.

Answer
Answer
hi, I just had the same problem, my computer either moved the volume automaticaly all the way up or down, but never let me do the adjustments.

My computer does have a realtek audio card but that wasn't the problem.   The solution for me was to uninstall the keyboard and restart the computer.  The keyboard was installed automaticaly on reboot and it all worked perfectly.

Hope this helps. 

129 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Vaibahav5555,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

We would like to get a better understanding of this issue so we can better assist not only you but other users with similar problems as well. 

Uninstall realtek manager and check if the problem is resolved.

Check for any other software that is running and set to 'mute'. The slider only displays the status of the volume mixer device, and the device itself is shared between all the programs - if any of them changes the volume, others should move their sliders accordingly. If one program keeps muting the volume, setting it in another won't help.

Also check whether (if you have a laptop or a multimedia keyboard) the 'volume down' key is stuck.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you and Regards.           

Thahaseena M
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

127 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 212,692 Applies to: