my computers speakers are making verry strange noises. even though the entire laptop is new.

my built in speakers on my laptop ruining windows 7 (that i bought just 6 days ago) are making funny noises when i play music or sounds for games. they closely resemble the fake computer noises you would hear on older shows like "startreck" or "Dr. Who". is there any way to fix this without installing the entire window software? ive already tried uninstalling and re installing the driver software... but it just keeps getting worse. if you want to hear the sounds i can e-mail them to you.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2018 Views 16,551 Applies to:
Answer

For that strange spaceship sound type of feedback, simply go to Start button, go to control panel,

select hardware & sound, under sound select the first option(adjust system volume)on the microphone leveler turn it all the way down and your done!

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hello xXNekoXx,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Answers Site.

What is the make and model of your PC?

You may run the Playing Audio troubleshooter tool in Windows 7 to help resolve the issue. The Playing Audio troubleshooter tool checks for common problems with your volume settings, sound card/driver, and also your speakers or headphones.

To do so, click Start>Control Panel. In the search box of the Control Panel Window, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Mary
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.