media player 12 says it's not connected to internet when the computer is

my windows media player used to play correctly until I was messing around in the computer. It does not recognize my status online anymore and says it is not connected to the internet. I can't watch any type of online media on it anymore. I have looked everywhere to fix and I am baffled. please help and I promise to leave it alone if it is ever fixed again. Thanks for your time, guys

Question Info

Last updated November 3, 2018 Views 748 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

Run windows media player setting trouble shooter and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps in the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Media-Player-Settings-troubleshooter

Method 2:

If the above step fails disable proxy settings Windows media player if you have any, follow these steps:

1.       Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows Media Player.

2.       If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the Switch to Library button in the upper-right corner of the Player.

3.       In the Player Library, click Organize, and then click Options.

4.       Click the Network tab.

5.       In Streaming proxy settings, click the protocol you want to configure, and then click Configure. Change any of the following settings:

6.       Autodetect proxy settings. Select this option if you want the Player to detect the proxy settings or automatic configuration settings automatically.

7.       Use proxy settings of the web browser. Select this option (available with the HTTP protocol only) if you want the Player to use the proxy settings of your default web browser.

8.       Do not use a proxy server. If you select this option, the Player won't try to communicate with a proxy server when connecting to the Internet. Typically, this means that the Player doesn't receive streaming content from the Internet.

For more information have a look at the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Which-protocols-does-Windows-Media-Player-use-for-streaming

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.