In Windows 7 No sound in WMP, WMC and games but I have Windows sound.

I upgraded my desktop from Windows XP Professional to Windows 7. Did a clean install and reinstalled all the software. I get sounds from my speakers when I test the sounds. I have the Windows start up and exit sounds. All the normall windows sounds work. But I do not have any sounds when playing games. Additionally, I cannot get Windows Media Player to play my music. I get no sound from the speakers when attempting to set up Windows Media Center. I cannot get sound when attempting to play a cd in Nero. I have attempted all the troubleshooting suggestions I have found on the forum, but nothing works. The automatic troubleshooting programs find no error. I have downloaded and installed the drivers. When I test the speakers, I have no problems with the sound. When I test the Realtek HDAudio Manager, I have no sound.

My motherboard is  an ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe. I have an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ with 4 gb RAM.

Everything worked perfectly under Windows XP Professional.

Please advise what I need to do to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

Answer
Answer

Thank you for your response.

That solved the problem. According to both the manufacturer and my computer, I have the most up to date audio driver. As long as everything works, I'm satisfied.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2020 Views 10,980 Applies to: