How to set Windows Photo viewer as default program when viewing photos
Using windows photo viewer as default
My pictures are currently opening in internet explorer. I would like them to open with windows photo viewer. I have tried "open with..." and selecting photo viewer. However it is not there. I do have it however as it shows up when I right click and select preview. I do not want to do this each time to view a picture though.
So what can I do?
It seems that the file association to open the Pictures has been changed on your computer. I would suggest you to set Photo Viewer as default program to access pictures on your computer and check if it helps you fix the issue.
Try to follow the steps below; it might help us fix the issue.
1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button,
2. Click on Control panel and then click Default Programs.
3. Set your default programs. Use this option to choose which programs you want Windows to use by default.
4. Select Windows Photo Viewer in the list and click on Set this Program as default.
5. Try to access picture and verify if it opens with Windows Photo viewer.
Also access the link below to know how to set and change your default programs.
Hope this helps. Let us know the results.
Thanks and Regards,
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.