how do i transfer the album art from one mp3 file to another when I do not have a jpg of the original album art that I inserted

In oter words one file in windows explorer shows the album cover but all others do not
In order for album art to be inserted, the album details for the song should not be blank. Windows Media Player automatically downloads the album art if the details is recognized. In Windows Media Player 12, to make sure it is done automatically, go to tools > options > library tab and make sure Retrieve additional information from the internet is checked and only add missing information is selected. To manually add album information and art then right click on the song in media player > find album info and apply the settings to the album of your choosing.

This article offers more information in regards to your question:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15693/update-metadata-and-cover-art-in-windows-media-player-12/

You can also copy art from the internet and paste it in the song. You can learn that from reading the guide.
Youtube - IWEBProductions

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You did not understand my question.  (NOTE: I am NOT in widows media player at this point)  I open the folder that the songs are stored in.  I change the view of the folder contents so that I see large images of the files.  Only one of the files shows the album cover.  The other files show the standard blue music note indicating NO IMAGE is attached to such file.  I do not have a copy of the album cover on my computer nor is there one on the internet.  I want to copy the attached image from the one music file that has it to all the other music files in the current folder.

Having said this, if I do open windows media player it does show the image with all of the songs that are stored in the above mentioned folder, but if I copy any of the songs to another computer the album cover does not copy over unless it is the file that actually has the album cover as described above.

Do you know how to copy this information outside of Windows Media Player from one file to another?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Show hidden files, there should be a hidden image with the album art.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files
-----
If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You did not understand my question.  (NOTE: I am NOT in widows media player at this point)  I open the folder that the songs are stored in.  I change the view of the folder contents so that I see large images of the files.  Only one of the files shows the album cover.  The other files show the standard blue music note indicating NO IMAGE is attached to such file.  I do not have a copy of the album cover on my computer nor is there one on the internet.  I want to copy the attached image from the one music file that has it to all the other music files in the current folder.

Having said this, if I do open windows media player it does show the image with all of the songs that are stored in the above mentioned folder, but if I copy any of the songs to another computer the album cover does not copy over unless it is the file that actually has the album cover as described above.

Do you know how to copy this information outside of Windows Media Player from one file to another?

Your best bet is to download the excellent free app called MP3Tag.  (We use it over in the zune forums all the time.)  It will embed the album art into the track(s) as part of the metadata.  It's primary purpose is to find and/or correct metadata- embedding the art is just one part of that.  WMP can use that art without trouble.  You can also use MP3Tag to extract the art from one song as a jpg which you can use elsewhere if you like.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah...that helped a whole lotta NOT.  There was no hidden image with album art. As a matter of fact there were no hidden files anywhere in my music folders.  Thanks for the effort, it was worth a shot.  Does anyone else have any solutions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2024 Views 6,804 Applies to: