Headset Setup with Windows 7.

I recently purchased windows 7 and installed it onto my PC (before I had XP). My PC is capable of running it (3.4GHz,6 Gig 6, ATI 5770). However, I cannot get my headset to work with windows 7. The headset has an orange and a pink jack. I have plugged these jacks into the back of my computer in the corresponding jacks several times but windows has never detected anything. I have tried the "Add a device" feature and windows has come up with nothing. Additionally on the audio device manager it says that speakers, headsets and microphones are all not plugged in, even though they are. Anyone know how to configure these with Windows 7?

Additionally I have plugged in my old speakers(which worked with XP) and the same problem happens. Neither of these devices come with a driver.
Answer
Answer

Hello
Welcome to microsoft answers.

(A). Try to connect a microphone to your computer in this way.

After you've plugged a microphone into a microphone jack on your computer and turned it on (if the microphone has an on button), follow these steps.
1.Open Sound by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type sound, and then click Sound.
2.Click the Recording tab, click Microphone, and then click Properties.
3.Click the Levels tab and make sure the Mute button looks like this . If the button looks like this , click it to turn on sound for this connection, and then click Apply.
4.(Optional) To listen to microphone sounds through your speakers or headphones, click the Listen tab, click the Listen to this device check box, and then click OK.

"Connect a microphone, music player, or other audio device to your computer"
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Connect-a-microphone-music-player-or-other-audio-device-to-your-computer

(B). Check the lights if it glows when the speakers are plugged in.
(C). Try connecting the headphones to the different slot (Front) or to a different computer and check.
(D). It can be an issue with the slot itself where in the device is not getting recognized because of the hardware fault.

Hope it helps
Thanks and regards
Dinesh-Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads/

70 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2020 Views 166,747 Applies to: