for windows 7 where do you install directx 9c

i installed windows7 and now if i try and run WOW it says it needs directx 9c i installed it but it still does not see it where does it get loaded
|
Answer
Answer
What i found was that i had to reinstall my display drivers this fixed the issue.  I did try all of the steps you had listed.  Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello Richindy,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

I would suggest you to run a diagnostic tool o trouble shoot basic problem with DirectX.

Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool by clicking the Start button, typing dxdiag in the search box, and then pressing Enter.

Note :

If this is the first time you’ve used the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, you might be asked whether you want to check if your drivers are digitally signed. We recommend you click yes to ensure that your drivers have been signed by a publisher that has verified their authenticity. For more information, see How can I decide which drivers are safe to install?

Once the Diagnostic Tool has finished, here are three key things to check:

·         Check your video card.

Some programs run very slowly—or not at all—unless Microsoft DirectDraw or Direct3D hardware acceleration is turned on.

To determine this, click the Display tab, and then under DirectX Features, check to see whether DirectDraw, Direct3D, and AGP Texture Acceleration appear as Enabled. If not, try turning on hardware acceleration.

1.    Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2.    Click Advanced settings.

3.    Click the Troubleshoot tab, and then click Change settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4.    Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.

If that fails, you might need to update the video driver or the card, itself. You can typically find the latest drivers for your hardware in the support section of the manufacturer's website.

For more information, please refer the link mentioned below:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-basic-problems-with-DirectX

Also I would suggest you to check with the World of Warcraft Forums,

For more information, please refer the link mentioned below:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/index.html?sid=1

I hope this information helps. Please get back to us if you have any more questions about this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Mir - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer                                                               
Visit our http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2018 Views 3,819 Applies to: