Can't mix down audio in Windows 7 (record what you hear) Help! Using Sonar 8.5 and Sound Forge Audio Studio.

I guess I will have to go back to Windows XP for Home Audio Recording? I've been playing with Windows 7 for over a year, and it just won't work for audio recording. It works fine for multitrack recording, but when you try to mix down in stereo to another program, it doesn't work. I guess it's one of their new security features (like the folders you can't open on your own computer)? Windows XP worked great for this. I was really stupid to upgrade. I thought it would work better. I'm $500+ into trying to make win7 work with my stuff. I have bought new programs, everything. I guess I will have to abandon Windows 7?

​Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.

From the issue description, I see that you are unable to do audio recording to mix down in stereo.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. We are here to help and guide you in the right direction.

To resolve the issue I may need some more information:

1. What exactly happens when you try to mix down in stereo?

2. Do you get any error messages?

Method 1:
I would suggest you to run the troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Open the Recording Audio troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.

b) In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.

c) Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.

Method 2:
If the issue persists, I would suggest you to install latest sound drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Refer to the link:

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Refer to the link for additional information.

Record audio with Sound Recorder
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/Record-audio-with-Sound-Recorder

Let us know the status of the issue after performing the troubleshooting steps. If you need any further assistance or information about Windows, I will be glad to help you. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 202 Applies to: