Cannot change RIP file location in Windows Media Player after losing Windows Home Server

I had my rip location set to my windows home server which had catestrophic failure. So I switched to another WHS one I have. But ever since then, I have been unable to change the rip file location in my media player.

It appears the problem is that it fails to find the old, defunct server location when I switch to the RIP Music tab in WMP options. I say that because it take a long time to draw only that one tab. And when I click the change button under Rip Music to this location, it does nothing. I get no error but nothing happens. It acts as if I never pressed the button. There is no delay or anything. And I can move on and do other things immediately.

How can I convince media player that location should not be checked so I can set a new location to rip music to?

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2019 Views 14,433 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I tried the steps you recommended. But unfortunately it did not change the problem.

However, it it was pretty clear something from the old WHS was still getting in the way. You could tell by the delay making the menu selection. So in MP, I went to Organize-Manage Libraries-Music. And sure enough, still listed as the default location was the old WHS. I selected it and hit remove. With no delay it removed it and automatically changed the default location to a local drive. Problem solved!!! I can now set my rip location to the new WHS and all is well again.

Thank you again for your help.

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.